Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Learn something about Russia

Here is the typical building, where Russian peasant stored their instruments of work, called "Ambar"


привет (privet)
Hi!

I get these cards from my friends in Russia, Taisiya. What a lovely name. So this card illustrates her favorite author Sergei Alexandrovich Yesenin. He was a Russian Lyrical poet. He was one of the most popular and well-known Russian poets of the 20th century but committed suicide at the age of 30. In 2005 Russian studio produced a TV mini-series "Yesenin" about the life of the poet. I guees you can find it on youtube. But I feel it will be really great if you can read his poems. For sure, you will like it!


maybe this is my favorite Yesenin poet:

Maybe, it"s too late or, maybe, early,


It has not occurred to me for years,
I resemble now Don Juan, really,
Like a proper flippant man of verse.

What"s the matter? What has happened, really?
Every day I have some other chick.
And I lose self-pity, willy-nilly,
And defy unfaithfulness and trick.

I have always kept my heart from simple,
Tender feelings,   and I wonder what
I am looking for in oh, so cripple
Women, so light-headed, and so void.

Hold me back, restrain me, scornful feeling,
I have always been marked up by you.
In my heart I have a chilly  steaming
And the rustle of lilac, so blue.

In my heart I have a lemon sunset,
Through the fog I hear  someone say:
For your freedom you will have to answer,
Well, Don Juan, take the challenge, eh?

As I take the challenge within reason,
I  can see the same old thing I have:
I must take a storm for  blooming  season
And mistake a thrill for real love.

That"s the reason That"s the way it happened.
Every day I  have some other chick,
So that I might always smile, be  happy
And defy unfaithfulness and trick.

December 13, 1925




Postcard from Russia
This card shows the native land of Yesenin! he was born in Konstantinoca in the Ryazan Province of the Russian Empire to a peasnt family. he spent most of his childhood with his grandparents, who essentially reared him. He began to write poetry at the age of nine at this place. 

You can read more about Russia here :)

Хорошего Дня (Xaroševo dnja)!
Have a nice day!


1 comment: